Numark Party Mix - Using the Cue Mix
This Party Mix is a DJ Controller that connects directly to your laptop and lets you play and mix all of your favorite songs and videos with the included DJ software. No matter what your skill level, you can mix, blend and create just the right mood with this 2-channel DJ controller that empowers you to rock the house. In this guide we'll discuss some tips on using the built-in cue mix, so you can preview your mix in your headphones before you crossfade the music to your speakers—like a pro.
- What is the Cue Mix knob?
- How do I use the Cue Mix knob?
- Additional Guides & Videos
- Further Technical Support
What is the Cue Mix Knob?
The Cue Mix knob adjusts the software’s audio output to the headphones, mixing between the cue output and the master mix output. This is a very useful feature that will allow you to preview your next song while allowing discreet beat, tempo and pitch matching to enable a smooth transition to the next song in your set, while still allowing you to monitor your Master Output. Even if your channel fader is all the way down, you can still monitor your CUE source in your headphones.
How Do I Use the Cue Mix Knob?
- To use the Cue Mix knob first load a song onto Deck 1 (left) and send its output to the Master Out. Make sure the Gain knob is at 12 o'clock and the Volume fader is pushed up.
- Press Play on Deck 1 to start playing the track.
- When the Cue Mix knob is turned all the way to the right towards Program (PGM), move the crossfader on the Party Mix all the way to the left and you will now hear the song in your Headphone Output.
- Now, add a song to the Deck 2 (right) and press the PFL/CUE button on that deck. This will send that decks output to your CUE mix.
- Press Play on Deck 2 to start playing the track.
- Turn the CUE Mix knob back towards CUE and you will now be able to hear the song on Deck 2 in CUE through your headphone output. The CUE Mix Knob is set so that the CUE and PGM outputs will adjust inversely. You can preview your next song and monitor your Master output at the same time.
- Finally, if you'd like you can press the Sync button on Deck 2 to sync the track's BPM with the track on Deck 1. This way the tracks will play in time with each other and make it easier to transition from one to another.
This invaluable tool will ensure you never skip a beat or moment when DJ'ing using your Party Mix controller.
Additionally, you can use the Cue Gain knob to adjust the volume going to your headphones when using the CUE Mix feature.
Additional Guides & Videos
The video below highlights using the CUE as well as some other features of the Party Mix.
Make sure to check out the rest of our setup guides and tutorials:
Further Technical Support
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Numark product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Numark technical support team is available to help! Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.