Numark Mixdeck - Setup with Serato DJ Intro
Whether your music is on CDs, MP3 CDs, USB flash drives, iPod, your computer, or even other analog players, you can mix and perform with it all using the Numark Mixdeck. This guide walks through how to setup your Mixdeck with the included Serato DJ Intro software.
Before you plug in your Mixdeck, download and install the latest drivers for your Windows or Macintosh computer from the Mixdeck product page.
Note: The drivers will be packaged in a .zip file. You will need to extract these files before running the setup.
- On Mac, you can just click on the .zip file and it will extract itself.
- On Windows, right-click the file and look for the option that says Extract All and select an easy to access folder. We typically recommend choosing the Desktop.
Once extracted, run the Setup file to install the drivers. This is a crucial step, as the drivers are what enable the Mixdeck to communicate with your computer.
- Connect the Mixdeck to a USB port on your computer. Avoid connecting to a USB hub.
- Power on the Mixdeck.
- On the Mixdeck hardware, prepare the Mixdeck to communicate with your computer by performing the following on both the left and right deck:
- Press the SOURCE button,
- Then use the PARAMETER knob to set the source to USB-MIDI.
- Press the PARAMETER knob (like a button) to confirm your selection.
- Set the two horizontal input selector switches located above the CH1 and CH2 volume sliders on the Mixdeck to the center position: PC.
- Set the two GAIN knobs for CH1 and CH2 located to the left and right of the iPod dock at the top of the mixer to between 12 o’clock and 2 o’clock.
- The MASTER volume knob is located to the right of the iPod dock in the upper-right of the mixer section. Start with this set to a low setting of 9 o’clock.
- Start with the CH1 and CH2 volume sliders set to the thick line located about 3 lines from the highest setting.
Serato DJ Intro System Requirements
As with any software or hardware product, it is important to ensure your computer meets the minimum requirements. Below are Serato DJ Intro's minimum system requirements and a list of compatible DJ controllers.
Serato DJ Intro - Minimum Specifications
Serato DJ Intro - Supported Hardware
Computers that do not meet the minimum specifications may still install and open Serato DJ Intro. However, users may experience a variety of symptoms such as Serato DJ Intro crashing/freezing, slow or delayed response from your DJ Controller's platters/knobs/faders, and clicks/pops or other audio artifacts. Keep in mind that Serato does not support AMD processors, so make sure your processor is an Intel CPU.
Downloading Serato DJ Intro
To download Serato DJ Intro, visit the following link and provide your email address:
Serato DJ Intro (Mac)
Serato DJ Intro (Windows)
- If you've never registered your email with Serato, you will be prompted to create a password and provide your country. If you've registered your email with Serato before, you will be prompted to enter your password.
- After entering the requested information and clicking Continue, Serato will email you the download link for Serato DJ Intro.
If you do not see this email, make sure to check your spam/junk mail folder.
In this email, click the provided link to download Serato DJ Intro.
If this is your first time creating an account or downloading Serato DJ Intro, you may be directed to a webpage asking which hardware you're using. Select the your controller from the list and click Continue.
- After clicking Continue, you will be brought to another Serato DJ Intro information page. At the same time, the Serato website will begin your download of Serato DJ Intro automatically. By default, your computer may save items to your Downloads or Documents folder. If you are prompted to choose a Save Location or Save As, we recommend selecting your Desktop.
- Locate the Serato DJ Intro download and open it. On Windows, open the Serato DJ Intro application within to begin installation and follow the prompts to complete. On Mac OSX, you only need to drag the Serato DJ Intro icon to the Applications folder.
- After completing the installation process, you should now see a Serato DJ Intro icon on your desktop (Windows) or in your Applications folder (Mac).
Make sure your DJ Controller is connected first, and then open Serato DJ Intro. That's it!
Further Technical Support
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an Akai Pro product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Akai Pro technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.