Press ReleasesMay 11, 2011
NUMARK ANNOUNCES iDJ v2.0 PLAYLIST APP FOR iPad
The ultimate playlist app has been improved and enhanced for even better performance, including support for iPad 2
Cumberland, R.I. (May 11, 2011) Numark, the worlds leading manufacturer of DJ technology, introduces the iDJ app v2.0, the latest update to the popular app, containing major performance enhancements and some exciting new features.
The iDJ app has given people everywhere the ability to easily create seamless, custom playlists on their iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch. The iDJ apps popularity has generated an impressive amount of feedback from DJs, fitness instructors and music lovers far and wide. Numark has been paying close attention to these requests and is excited to respond with iDJ v2.0. The updated app is free for existing iDJ app users and has the following all-new features:
- Support for iPad 2 and iOS 4.3
- The ability to wirelessly send a mix to speakers via Airplay
- Remote control support allows users to start and stop the mix via headphone controls
In addition to the all-new features, iDJ v2.0 includes enhancements to some of its core elements:
- Smart automatic and manual zooming of the play-list time line
- Better library management including easier browsing, faster track importing, the ability to import while playing, and more efficient use of storage space
- The ability to run in the background on iOS 4.0 or later
- Improved Auto and Manual track transitions
- Enhanced, streamlined, and better-performing user interface
We really wanted to give iDJ app fans a voice in creating iDJ v2.0, said Simon Bangs, Numark Project Manager. Weve even fixed a small glitch that inhibited older devices from playing really large mixes.
iDJ v2.0 is available now from the iTunes App Store for $1.99. Users of previous versions of the iDJ app can download the v2.0 update for free.
iPad, iPad 2, iPhone, iTunes and iPod Touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.