macOS 10.15 Catalina and iOS13 Support for Numark
With the release of Apple's macOS Catalina, every creative professional will need to decide if updating is right for them. More often than not, the initial jump to a new OS will do very little, if anything, to benefit the creative artist. Changes to the OS and improvements in technology are more likely to have a negative effect on your software, hardware, and workflow; at least at first.
Whether you are an Engineer, Musician, DJ, or any other audio-visual professional, the only thing that truly matters is that your gear works and continues to work when you need it the most. Numark has been actively testing our products with each Beta release of macOS Catalina 10.15 and iOS 13 to guarantee our users know exactly what works and what will require updates before they make the jump to the new OS.
Please find a list of our products and their support status below. We encourage everyone to remain on their current OS until all of your products are on this list and confirmed supported. This will be kept updated as necessary to reflect all current support for macOS Catalina 10.15 and iOS 13.
3 Things You'll Need to Know
- The process of updating your computer's operating system can be a little messier than we'd like to think. In some cases, the update doesn't go as smoothly as it should and some hardware drivers may need to be uninstalled.
With the update to macOS Catalina 10.15, you may find that a supported device suddenly stops communicating after the update to Catalina. Here's how you can remove the existing drivers and reinstall:
- Navigate to the folders below. These are the places where third-party drivers are stored. If they have become corrupt, or they haven't been installed correctly, removing them and starting over may help.
- Mac HD > Library > Audio > MIDI Drivers
- Mac HD > Users > [Your User Name] > Library > Audio > MIDI Drivers
Note: The second location may be hidden. To access the User Library, click on GO at the top, hold the Option key and select Library when it appears in the list.
- Move the contents of both folders into two new folders on your desktop.
- Once the folders are completely empty, restart the computer.
- Try your MIDI Device again.
If your device requires drivers, please visit our support section below to check that your device is supported and to find links to the latest drivers. Make sure to read the next step in this section for precautions to take when installing drivers on macOS Catalina 10.15
- macOS Catalina will include a security feature that will require the user to allow a system extension when installing a new driver. This is very simple and only needs to be done once for each driver. So, if you're installing any new driver on macOS Catalina, look out for a System Extension Blocked warning and see the driver section in this article for instructions.
The good news is that this is only necessary if you are installing a new driver. If you are updating to Catalina and already have the latest driver for your device installed, you will not need to re-install the driver or complete these steps.
- While your Numark hardware and software are ready for macOS Catalina, that doesn't mean everybody is. If you use one of our products with a third-party software title like Serato or Virtual DJ, be sure to check with the developer to confirm support for the new OS before updating.
macOS Catalina 10.15
Class-Compliant Supported Hardware
The following products will work with macOS Catalina without any need for additional drivers.
- DJiO 2
- Mixdeck Express
- Mixdeck Quad
- Mixtrack II
- Mixtrack Pro II
- Mixtrack III
- Mixtrack Pro III
- Mixtrack Platinum
- Party Mix
- PT01 Scratch
*Editor, utility, and/or firmware updater software for this product have not been qualified for support for use with macOS Catalina. This page will be updated as necessary to reflect all current compatibility with macOS Catalina.
Please be aware: If you do not see your product listed in this article, it is not officially supported for use with macOS Catalina.
Driver Supported Hardware
* Please ensure the driver is installed before connecting the product to your macOS Catalina operating system for use.
IMPORTANT: Some users may experience a System Extension Blocked warning while installing the driver that indicates the system extension is signed by "Akai Professional". This is normal.
- To proceed, click Open Security Preferences.
- In the Security & Privacy window that appears, click the lock in the bottom left corner and enter your password to make changes to the Security settings.
- Next to "System software from developer 'Akai Professional' was blocked from loading" click Allow.
- Click the lock in the bottom left corner to complete the changes.
The following products can not be adapted for use on macOS Catalina and are considered not supported:
||Not Currently Supported
||Not Currently Supported
For up to date support announcements for any included software with your Numark product, please refer to the software developer's website:
The following hardware products are supported with iOS 13. Products listed with a * may require a powered USB hub to supply power when connected to the iOS device.
- Mixtrack 3
- Mixtrack Edge
- Mixtrack Platinum
- Mixtrack Pro 3
- Party Mix Pro
Further Technical Support
For any further questions or technical support, please visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.