Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 - Complete Setup with Virtual DJ 8 Professional
The Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 is the latest addition to the Numark DJ controller family, designed with the skilled professionally-aspiring DJ in mind. The controller comes packed with a full set of professional features like 100mm pitch sliders, 16 multi-function pads. This guide will walk you through the complete installation and setup in Virtual DJ 8 Professional.
Getting Started and Audio Setup
The Mixtrack Pro 3 does not come with a copy of Virtual DJ 8, but it is still mapped out and ready to use. If you already own Virtual DJ and have not yet installed it, click here and follow the steps below to create your account.
- Login or create an account on the right side of the page.
- If you already own a copy of Virtual DJ, a download link will be available in your account (If you have not purchased a license, you can purchase it here).
- Download, install and open Virtual DJ (make sure that you've unlocked it, too! The Mixtrack Pro 3 will not unlock the software)
- Connect the Mixtrack Pro 3 to the computer with the supplied USB cable, and connect the RCA cable from the master output to your speakers. You can also connect your headphones to the front of the device with either 1/4" or 1/8" input.
- Virtual DJ will recognize the Mixtrack Platinum and you will see the following prompt:
- Click on Use Soundcard and this will assign the Mixtrack Platinum as the audio output device for the software.
- Click OK
Assigning the Controller and Outputs
Start by selecting the Gear icon in the top right corner (PC) or left corner (Mac) to open the Settings/Preferences window.
- Select Controllers in the left hand column.
- Choose the Mixtrack Pro 3 from the list to assign it as your default hardware controller.
- Next, select AUDIO in the upper left hand column.
- Choose SPEAKER + HEADPHONE under the OUTPUT column.
- Choose the NUMARK MIXTRACK PLATINUM under the CARD column if not already selected. This tells the software to send all audio out to your Mixtrack Platinum.
Note: While this should be assigned automatically with the card and output selection, make sure that the outputs are assigned as Master = Chan 1 & 2, and Headphones = Chan 3 & 4.
- Click Apply and close out of the setup screen
You are now able to start using the Mixtrack Platinum!
If you're wondering where to go from here and how to get started using the Mixtrack Platinum in Virtual DJ, look no further! Here are a few more guides and tutorials that will help you get up and running:
Further Technical Support
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Numark product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Numark technical support team is available to help! Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.