Numark NS7II - Firmware Update Procedure
The Numark NS7II is a world-class DJ controlled that is favored by many in the DJing world. This guide explains the update procedure for the firmware that can be found on the Numark NS7II product page.
- When Should I Install a Firmware Update?
- Firmware Update Procedure
- Alternate Firmware Update Procedure
- Technical Support
When Should I Install a Firmware Update?
When it comes to a firmware update, we recommend performing them only when it is absolutely necessary. With the included firmware update on the NS7II product page, this only needs to be done if you are intending to use DVS within Serato with the NS7II and/or if you are using the Numark NS7II Three-Screen-Display. If you are not intending to use any of these extra features, a firmware update is not necessary for your NS7II anwdo not recommend updating the firmware.
Firmware Update Procedure
- Download the NS7II Firmware Updater for Windows or Mac and run the installer.
- Open the NS7II Firmware Updater app once installed.
- Upon opening, press the Update Firmware button. The installer will perform the update at this point.
Important: Be sure to not disconnect or turn off the NS7II during this procedure as the firmware goes into the NS7II hardware.
Alternate Firmware Update Procedure
Please Note: This firmware update procedure is only to be done if the NS7II seems unresponsive after performing the regular update procedure. A few ways to tell that this procedure needs to be done would be:
- The USB light on the NS7II does not TURN ON once the NS7II is power up and connected to the computer.
- NS7II is not being seen by multiple computers, either MAC or PC.
If any of this is being experienced, here are the steps for the alternate firmware update procedure:
- Make sure that the NS7II is OFF but the USB cable is connected to your computer.
- While off, hold LOAD A, LOAD B and FWD buttons.
- TURN ON the NS7II with these buttons still pressed in.
- The Cue Button on Deck B will begin flashing. When you see this, hit the Cue Button.
- At this point, start the Firmware update software. The software should show a GREEN light.
- During the installation, the FX 1, 2,3, and 4 will be flashing. This indicates that the firmware is properly passing.
- Once the process is completed, hit the OK button on the software and power cycle the NS7II.
Further Technical Support
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Numark product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Numark technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.