Numark Mixdeck Quad - Setup With Virtual DJ 8
The Numark Mixdeck Quad is a complete DJ system with a four-channel mixer that will put you in complete control at any gig and maintain the funnest environment possible. With the abilityof controlling computer software, you can utilize a program such as Virtual DJ 8 to build crates, organize your audio and DJ with your Mixdeck Quad. This article will walk you through the setup needed in order to get your Mixdeck Quad up and running with Virtual DJ 8.
- Hardware Setup
- Software Setup
- Setting the Audio Output
- Further Technical Assistance
- Connect your Mixdeck Quad to your computer. Please avoid USB hubs, and if you are using a desktop computer, use the USB ports on the back of the computer since they provide the most power.
- Turn on your Mixdeck Quad.
- Set the SOURCE set to PC MIDI on both decks.
- On the back of your Mixdeck Quad, make sure that the USB AUDIO switch is set to PGM/CUE.
- On the top of the hardware, make sure all switches on the center of the unit is set to MIDI/USB 1 or MIDI/USB 2.
Now that your Mixdeck Quad is ready to work with Virtual DJ 8, let's begin configuring Virtual DJ 8.
- Open Virtual DJ 8.
- On the top right corner of the screen, press the GEAR icon to get to your SETTINGS menu.
- In the AUDIO SETTINGS tab, make sure that the settings are as followed
OUTPUT: Speaker + Headphone
CARD: Numark Mixdeck Quad
Here is a picture example of the settings:
- In the CONTROLLERS section of the menu, select NUMARK MIXDECK QUAD in the top left box showing your devices.
- After selecting the controller, go back into the AUDIO tab and press APPLY. This will save all of the sound settings you have just adjusted.
- Exit the SETUP menu, and you are all set!
Setting the Audio Output
With recent updates to Virtual DJ 8, Atomix Productions has made the process of configuring your hardware to Virtual DJ a bit easier. The software will automatically detect and set up your Mixdeck Quad appropriately for use right away. If you see the screen below, press USE SOUNDCARD, and your Mixdeck Quad will be ready for use instantly!
Further Technical Assistance
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Numark product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Numark technical support team is available to help! Visit the link
below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.