Numark NS6 - Driver Installation
The Numark NS6 is a 4-channel Digital DJ controller with a complete built-in mixer and four decks of software control. It is the first truly pro-grade DJ controller and standalone 4-channel mixer with effects, allowing you to mix external sources with tracks on your computer. This article walks through the Numark NS6 driver installation process.
- Download and Install the Driver
- Additional Guides and Resources
- Further Technical Support
Download and Install the Driver
Note for Windows users: Before beginning the process, be sure that your Numark NS6 is connected to a power source using the included power supply, and powered OFF. Also, do NOT connect the NS6 to your supported computer using the included (or functional alternate) USB-A to USB-B cable until prompted by the installer.
- Go to the Numark NS6 product page. Scroll down to view the DOWNLOADS section and then click on the latest driver for your operating system to begin the driver download. We recommend downloading the driver to your Desktop for ease of locating the file when the download completes.
- Once you have downloaded the correct driver to your computer, locate the downloaded zip file and unzip it. This is typically done by right-clicking and choosing Extract, Extract Files, Extract Here..., etc. If you are unfamiliar with how to unzip a file, please see this video. Once you have extracted the zip file, you will see two versions of the downloaded file - one zipped and one not.
- Double-click on the unzipped folder to view the files inside.
- Determine if you have a 32-bit or 64-bit operating system. To do so, follow the steps suggested in the article here.
- If you are on a 32-bit operating system: Double-click on the x86 folder to view the files inside.
- If you are on a 64-bit operating system: Double-click on the x64 folder to view the files inside.
- Find the Setup.exe file and double-click it to begin the installation. There may be multiple "Setup" files in this folder. You want to choose the Setup.exe file which also shows as an Application in the Type column.
- In the window that opens, choose your language and press OK.
- Choose Install the Driver.
- In the following window, review and then choose I accept the agreement and click on Install.
- The driver installation will begin. When prompted, connect the NS6 to your computer using the included (or functional alternate) USB-A to USB-B cable and power the unit on.
- The driver installation will continue.
- Once the installation completes, you will be prompted to Reboot now or Reboot later. Once the computer is rebooted, the process is complete.
Back to Top
- Go to the Numark NS6 product page. Scroll down to view the DOWNLOADS section and then click on the latest driver for your operating system to begin the driver download.
- Locate the driver download on your computer. Once you have located it, double-click on it to unzip the file. This will create two identical files in the same location - one zipped and one unzipped.
- Double-click on the unzipped folder to view the contents inside. Now double-click on the .dmg file to open the installation file.
- Begin the driver installation by double-clicking on the Numark NS6 driver .app file. You do not need to run the driver remover unless you have previously installed an earlier version of the NS6 driver on your computer.
- You may get a window that asks if you are sure you want to open the application. If so, choose Open.
- In the window that appears, choose Continue.
- In the following window, choose the installation location and then press Install. We recommend allowing the application to install to the default location.
- You may get a message that states that your computer will need to restart when the process is complete. Click on Continue Installation.
- Allow the installation complete. When it completes, a window will appear that states The installation was successful. Press Restart and the driver installation is complete.
Back to Top
Additional Guides and Resources
Further Technical Support Information
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an M-Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the M-Audio technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.