NS7II - Utilizing the NS7II FX Controls
The Numark NS7II is hands-down the best DJ controller ever built. The FX control on this unit is truly one of a kind. The following guide will show you how to apply FX from the Numark NS7II.
- Applying Basic FX
- Touch & Touch Lock Mode
- Filter Roll & Filter FX Mode
- Capacitive Touch Mode
- Technical Support
Numark NS7II FX Control
Applying Basic FX
- Press any of the three FX buttons from your selected turntable.
NOTE: The DJ can choose up to six different FX for one deck. The can DJ can use the AB selections above your channel gain to select the side of your FX. A control the left FX from the controller and B controls the right FX of the controller.
- Notice the FX1 button is highlighted. The FX1 button will illuminate indicating the FX has been enabled.
- Turn the FX knob to apply the FX.
- The DJ will notice that FX1 has been enabled in Serato DJ by seeing the ON button colored in blue.
TOUCH & TOUCH LOCK MODE
- Locate the TOUCH & TOUCH LOCK MODE on the left side of NS7II controller. When the button is in the OFF position, FX, EQ, and Filter Knobs function as a classic mixer with only the knob affecting the parameter.
- When the DJ activates TOUCHMODE, it will allow the DJ to access the touch-capacitive functions of NS7II's FX knobs. When the DJ touches a FX knob the effect will automatically turn on, and when the DJ’s hand is removed from the knob the effect is automatically turned off.
- To apply TOUCH LOCK MODE, the DJ should press and hold SHIFT and then press the TOUCH button to activate TOUCHLOCKMODE (the button will illuminate red). This mode will access the touch-capacitive functions of the EQ Knobs. This will act as an EQ kill for the Low, Mid, High when the top of the knob is touched. These functions are momentary, not "latching."
FILTER ROLL & FILTER FX MODE
- Locate the FILTER ROLL & FILTER FX on the left side of NS7II controller. When this button is off, the Channel Filter knob will apply and adjust a low-pass filter to the corresponding channel when turned counter-clockwise or a high-pass filter when turned clockwise.
- To activate FILTERROLLMODE, press this button once to activate Filter-Loop Roll Mode (the button will light solid red). The Channel Filter knob will apply and adjust a low-pass filter to the corresponding channel when turned counter-clockwise or a high-pass filter when turned clockwise. In addition, it will apply a Loop Roll to the filter and will decrease in length as the knob moves further away from the center position. Press this button once to deactivate Filter-Loop Mode.
- To apply the FX MODE, press and hold SHIFT and then press this button to activate Filter-FX Mode (the button will illuminate red). The Channel Filter knob will apply and adjust a lowpass filter to the corresponding channel when turned counter-clockwise or a high-pass filter when turned clockwise. In addition, it will adjust Parameter 1 of FX1 applied to that channel as the knob moves further away from the center position. Press this button once to deactivate Filter-FX Mode.
CAPACITIVE TOUCH MODES
One of the best features of this controller and its ability to produce effects are the capacitor knobs. They can respond from the ability of just touching the knobs itself. Press the SHIFT button, and then an EQ button, that EQ range kills for that channel. Press SHIFT then the TOUCH button and that will enable the kill for the EQ on your mixer instead of holding down the SHIFT button.
Numark Technical Support & Warranty Service
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Numark product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Numark technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.